January 4, 1928: Warren Valley is one of two locations determined to be ideal for Detroit’s first airport. Fortunately, the course was preserved, and Detroit City Airport Terminal was built 20 miles from Warren Valley on Detroit’s east side.
February 3, 1929: Warren Valley’s East and West Side are broken into two clubs. The East Side is relaunched as Thorncliffe Country Club and is an exclusive private club for members. The member-owned, private side was organized to subsidize the West (public) Side of Warren Valley because it lost money five years after it opened. The West Side of Warren Valley is kept open to the public on a reservation system.
April 8, 1934: The club that was initially built as Hawthorne Valley, then renamed Thorncliffe County Club, then renamed Detroit Fields Club, and then renamed Old Hawthorne opens the 1934 season as “Warren Valley Golf Club.”
December 17, 1941: Warren Valley changes management. Golf Professionals Jimmy Johnson and John Noller, son of the owner Robert Noller, take over club operations. Johnson was a decorated golfer who was the first public links player to win a Detroit District Title.
September 21, 2022: Having been closed for the 2022 golf season, the playing surface begins to re-emerge at Warren Valley Golf Course as Revive Golf Management lays new sod and begins restoration efforts.